Watermelon Ice Pops
This is super fun to make and eat. It’s basically a watermelon slushy but instead of drinking it, we poured it back into the watermelon rind, froze it and ate it like a popsicle. It’s perfect for a hot summer day!
1 slice = 2 greens, 1 yellow
- 2 cups chopped, seedless watermelon
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 5 oz lowfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Make room in your freezer for the sheet pan.
- Slice the watermelon in the center at the roundest part, into a 2” thick full circle slice. Carefully cut out the watermelon flesh without cutting the rind.
- Move the rind to your parchment lined sheet pan, and insert the 4 popsicle sticks into the rind. *Tip: Ask mom or dad to help insert the popsicle sticks. Depending on how thick the rind is you may need to make a small slit first with a paring knife.
- Place the watermelon flesh, strawberries, yogurt, lime and 1 cup of ice in the blender and puree until thick and smooth.
- Pour the watermelon slushy into the rind on the prepared sheet pan and scatter the blueberries over top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Slice into 4 triangles and enjoy!