Very Veggie Pasta Salad
This pasta salad does require a bit of chopping but it is oh so worth the extra work. The trick is letting the veggies marinate in their own cooking juices while waiting for the pasta to be done. Tossed with a tangy vinaigrette, this veggie pasta salad is next-level yum!
1 closed fist = 1 green light, 1 yellow light
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped into quarter moons
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into quarter moons
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/2″ chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed in a garlic press or minced very fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1lb whole wheat curly pasta like fusilli
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
To make the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to combine and set aside.
To make the pasta salad:
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan or 2 small sheet pans with non-fat cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix veggies with garlic, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Transfer roasted veggies to a large bowl and let them sit on the counter while cooking the pasta.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 1 minute less than the package instructions, and drain.
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the veggies. Add the dressing and parsley and mix well to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Best served the next day at room temperature.