Veggie Wrap with Lemony Beet Spread
What’s better than a fresh, crispy, colorful salad? A fresh, crispy colorful salad folded into a wrap. This veggie wrap with lemony beet spread makes a great lunch. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients that will keep your energy going strong through the mid afternoon lull.
1 open palm (1/2 wrap) = 2 green lights, 2 yellow lights
Lemony Beet Spread
- 1 medium roasted beet, peeled and chopped – store-bought
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Put all in a food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed until the water runs clear
- ¾ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Put all in a small pot and gently simmer over medium heat until the water has been absorbed, about 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside.
For the wrap
- 4 spinach tortillas
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- Smear 2 tablespoons of the beet spread on each wrap and top with a few slices of red onion, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 cup carrots, a few slices of cucumber and 1/4 cup quinoa.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla and roll. To keep the wrap together while eating, put a toothpick through each half from top to bottom.