It can be really difficult to get in 60 minutes of exercise each day. With homework, after school sports and weekend parties, how do you make sure you are moving your body and taking care of yourself?
Here’s are 3 tricks and tips to get in your 60 minutes of exercise each day:
- Schedule it. Set a reminder on your phone or put a bright post-it note on your bathroom mirror. Make an appointment with yourself to get in all of the healthy things you need to do to fuel your body and brain. Several of my Kurbo Kids say “I just do it. It’s part of my routine now.” Some like to exercise right after school, before homework time or set aside the same time everyday to get it done. What time works best for you? Food for thought: If you have time to watch tv, you have time to exercise.
- Take action. The best fuel for motivation is to take action. Doing something toward your health goal is better than doing nothing. Exercising has so many benefits like relieving stress, weight loss and gaining energy. The best thing to do is just start. Food for thought: We are not looking for perfect. We are looking for tiny shifts that bring about big results. If you’ve had a lot of red lights over the weekend, use Monday as your day of the week every week to get back on track with exercise. OR, use the weekends as your guaranteed days to workout.
- Be mindful. Before going to bed, check in and ask yourself if you’ve accomplished all that you set out to for the day.
- Bonus video tip:
- Did I drink enough water today?
- Did I give my body good nutrition?
- Did I move my body for at least 60 minutes today?
- Did I track all of these healthy habits in Kurbo today?
If you are resisting exercise or feeling unmotivated, reflect on why you want to get healthy, what you can do to start today and incorporate these tricks to motivate yourself so you can experience success and the feeling of reaching and maybe even surpassing your initial Kurbo goal. Do you have tricks and tips to get in your 60 minutes of exercise each day? I’d love to hear in the comments below.