Springtime Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This is the best way to cook gnocchi in my opinion. It doesn’t get mushy or gummy on a sheet pan in the oven. This can be made with any vegetables you have on hand, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans are some I’ve tried with delicious results.
1 closed fist = 1 green light, 1 yellow light
- 1 (12-ounce) packages gnocchi (preferably fresh, refrigerated, precooked gnocchi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 small leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 2 shallots, trimmed and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (or fresh peas)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup sliced fresh chives
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss gnocchi, asparagus, leeks and shallots with remaining oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few generous grinds of pepper.
- Put pan on a middle rack in the oven. Roast until vegetables are golden and getting crispy on the edges, about 15 minutes total, stirring halfway through. Stir the peas into the vegetables in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven then grate the lemon zest over the top and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chives, season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve immediately.