Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Sheet pan dinners are a great way to make a healthy meal fast with little clean up which is why we are doing another one this week! Place everything on one pan and let the oven do all the work. You can make these with chicken, lean beef or tofu as well.
1 cupped palm of shrimp = 1 yellow light
1 closed fist of veggies = 1 green light
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Avocado, mashed with lime juice, salt and pepper
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- CHILI POWDER MIXTURE: In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place bell peppers, onion and garlic in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and half the chili powder mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and chili powder mixture. Working carefully, move vegetables onto one side of the baking sheet. Place shrimp onto the opposite side of the baking sheet in a single layer. Place into the oven and bake just until shrimp are pink, firm and cooked through, an additional 6 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve with avocado mash and tortillas.