Peach & Feta Salad
I always look forward to fresh peaches in the summer! Depending on where you live, peach season can start as early as the end of June and lasts through the summer. This peach salad highlights those juicy peaches and it requires no cooking for those hot summer days.
Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a side
1 closed fist = 2 greens, 1 yellow
- 1-2 ripe peaches, cored and sliced (can sub with apples or pears)
- 5 oz arugula
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mint or basil
- 2 oz feta cheese or low-fat goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Top with oil and vinegar mixture. Serve immediately.