Mother’s Day Waffles
Show mom how much you appreciate her by making her these delicious Mother’s Day waffles. They are made with ingredients you already have in your pantry but use whole wheat to keep you satisfied longer. There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of homemade waffles!
Makes 6 waffles
1 open palm = 2 yellow lights
1 closed fist of berries = 1 green light
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 ½ cups low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh fruit for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks well and add oil, milk, and salt, beat again until just combined. Make well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in liquid ingredients and mix well. Batter will be a little lumpy, that’s ok.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into batter with a rubber spatula just to combine.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with nonfat cooking oil. Ladle in ¾-1 cup batter. Cook each waffle 5-7 minutes or until the indicator light on the machine turns on.
- Serve waffles with fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas or a mix of all.