Marinated Lemon Herb Chicken and Potatoes
This recipe is a whole meal, no additional sides needed. It includes a fresh green and yummy yellows. The quick marinade makes the chicken both juicy and flavorful while the warm potatoes soak up all of the reserved dressing for a scrumptious dish. Enjoy!
1 open palm of chicken = 2 yellows
1 closed fist of potatoes = 2 yellows
1 closed fist arugula = 1 green
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, equivalent to 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped herbs + extra for garnish (We used 1 TBSP each of rosemary, basil & oregano. You can substitute with parsley, tarragon, thyme or any fresh herb you have on hand)
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed, grated or very finely minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ lbs small, yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 5oz baby arugula for serving
1. Make the marinade/dressing:
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a jar or bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. Marinade the chicken:
- If using thick breasts, slice in half lengthwise to thin.
- Place in a shallow bowl and pour ⅓ of the dressing on top, reserve the rest of the marinade/dressing for later.
- Rub marinade over chicken so all of the chicken is coated.
- Set aside.
- Wash hands well.
- Let chicken marinade for 10-30 minutes.
3. Make the potatoes:
- While the chicken is marinating, rinse the potatoes well in cold water.
- Quarter potatoes and transfer to a large pot.
- Fill with cold water until the potatoes are just covered.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt to the water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down to medium, remove lid and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken:
- After 10-30 minutes, spray a grill pan with nonfat cooking oil and heat over medium high or heat a grill to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discard marinade.
- Place the chicken in the hot pan or on the grill and cook for 3-5 minute on each side until juice runs clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Drain the potatoes:
- Drain potatoes and leave in the colander to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss to coat and set aside.
- Spread arugula over a large serving platter.
- Arrange the grilled chicken in the center and surround it with the seasoned potatoes.
- Drizzle the reserved dressing over the chicken and potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy.