Holiday Sweet Potato Almond Couscous
Serves 4 – 6
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups israeli pearl couscous
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the dressing: whisk the olive oil, orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with nonfat cooking oil. Lay sweet potato in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, boil couscous in salted water according to package instructions until al dente. While waiting for the couscous to cook, heat a dry pan over medium and add sliced almonds. Toast the almonds until golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Once the couscous has finished cooking, drain, rinse to cool under cold water and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, toss with dressing and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.