Holiday Saucy Crockpot Turkey Meatballs
These Saucy Crockpot Turkey Meatballs are a great way to support your holiday meal traditions and your health!
For the meatballs:
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the sauce:
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 28oz can good quality crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl combine turkey with the rest of the meatball ingredients. Mix until well combined, being careful not to overmix or the meatballs will be tough. Roll meatballs into golf ball size balls. Place in crockpot.
- Cover meatballs with sauce ingredients and set to 6 hours. Serve over pasta or on slider buns with pesto.
- Serve over pasta as a meal.
- Serve in slider buns with a dollop of store bought or homemade pesto as an appetizer.
To make this recipe even easier, use store bought turkey meatballs, sauce or both!