Grilled Veggie Platter
Vegetables are so good in the summer. If you can buy them fresh from a local farmers market they are even better! They really don’t need much more than salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil to be delicious. This recipe offers a side dressing in case you’d like a little something extra.
Serves 4 as a side
1 closed fist = 2 greens. Add 1 yellow for a thumb tip serving of dressing.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic pressed or finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary, basil, oregano, or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ lengthwise pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced into 1/4″ lengthwise pieces
- 1 bunch of asparagus, approximately 20 spears
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 lb asparagus
To make the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a jar or small bowl.
- Shake or mix very well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make veggies:
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a grill or indoor grill pan to high. Cook veggies 3-5 minutes per side until fork tender and lightly charred.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing if desired and serve.