Festive Roasted Beet and Spinach Salad
Tis the season with this festive roasted beet and spinach salad. The pretty greens and reds add a nice pop of color to your holiday table while tantalizing your taste buds with sweetened beets, buttery avocado and tangy feta cheese. Add pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds for a little extra crunch. Happy Holidays!
1 closed fist = 2 green lights, 2 yellow lights, 1 red light
- 1 medium beet, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup dijon vinaigrette, recipe below
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with nonfat cooking oil.
- Spread beets onto the sheet pan in a single layer, spray with non-fat olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes turning halfway through.
- While the beets are roasting make the dijon vinaigrette. Put all ingredients in a mason jar and whisk or shake well to combine.
- When the beets are fork tender remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry saute pan over medium heat for 3 minutes to enhance the flavor.
- Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Top with beets, avocado slices, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds and dijon vinaigrette.