Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Protein Pancakes
Whether or not eggs and dairy are a part of your diet these protein pancakes are a must try! They are light and fluffy and oh so delicious! You can use fresh or frozen berries or substitute with your favorite fruit. Bananas, strawberries, apples, pears, pineapple all work well here.
1 open palm = 1 green, 2 yellows
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon no sugar added maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Berries or bananas slices for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a large bowl or measuring cup. Whisk well to combine.
- Spray a skillet with nonfat cooking oil and heat over medium high.
- Add about ¼ cup of pancake batter to the hot skillet. Add 4-6 blueberries per pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until you see bubbles releasing from the top of the batter. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra blueberries or banana slices or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.