Cucumber Avocado Sandwich with Edamame Spread
We’re going green this week for spring! This sandwich is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It packs well too if you’re headed outside to enjoy the warmer weather.
½ sandwich = 1 green lights, 4 yellow lights
Edamame Spread Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, or parsley
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 red onion rings
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 2 cups spinach or arugula
- 8 sliced whole grain toast
- To make the edamame spread, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Add more water 1 tablespoon at a time if too dry.
- To assemble the sandwich, divide the onion, cucumber slices, avocado and spinach between 4 slices of toast. Add a couple tablespoons of the edamame spread to the other 4 slices of toast and use them to top each sandwich.