Crustless Apple Pie Bowl
No pie crust needed for this gooey, cinnamon-spiced, apple pie bowl. It’s every bit as yummy as traditional apple pie without any of the added sugar. Serve it on Thanksgiving as a green and yellow light dessert, or any time you have a sweet tooth that needs satisfying.
Coach tip: It also makes a great topping for pancakes!
1 closed fist = 1 green light, 2 yellow lights
- 3 medium Granny Smith’s or Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat a large saucepan over medium. Add apples, cinnamon, water, and applesauce and simmer for 5 minutes until the apples are fork-tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the banana and cook about 1 minute more until warmed through. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide among 4 serving bowls. Top each apple bowl with ¼ cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon toasted almonds.
- Serve warm.