Coach Ann Marie’s Chicken Salad
There are so many ways to serve this yummy chicken salad! To increase your green lights, you can chop the lettuce and eat this as a salad, or serve it in lettuce cups. If you’d rather have a handheld option, use a yellow light whole wheat bread of your choice. I like it in a whole wheat pita the best! If you make a big batch in the beginning of the week you can use it for 4-5 lunches.
1 closed fist of chicken filling = 2 greens, 2 yellows
- Breast meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lemon , juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boston lettuce cups, chopped lettuce, whole wheat pitas, or whole wheat bread for serving
- Place all ingredients in a big bowl and mix well.
- Serve with your choice of green light lettuce or yellow light whole wheat bread.