Brothy Oodles of Noodles and Kale Stew
This recipe uses lots of pantry staples and can be prepared in under 30 minutes. It’s packed with vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, fiber, but most importantly tons of yummy flavor. You can use your pasta of choice. I like to use ditalini pasta. Curl up with a bowl tonight!
1 closed fist = 3 greens, 3 yellows
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 ½ tsp dry
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28oz can whole tomato, drained and crushed
- 4 cups broth, chicken, vegetable or water
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup whole wheat small pasta of choice
- 1 large head kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high.
- Add the diced onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the noodles are just perfectly al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve immediately or bring to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.