Breakfast Sandwich Kurbo Style
You are going to love this Kurbo breakfast sandwich! To keep this breakfast sandwich green and yellow, we added spinach to the egg, swapped out the sausage for canadian bacon and used low-fat cheese. Make a batch on Sunday and quickly reheat during the week. No reason to skip the breakfast sandwich ever again!
1 Breakfast Sandwich = 1 green light, 5 yellow lights
Makes 8 sandwiches
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach- chop small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices low-fat cheese
- 8 whole wheat English muffins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 x13″ baking dish with non-fat cooking oil.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, spinach, salt and pepper and pour into the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or just until the center is set.
- Remove eggs from the oven and set aside. Turn the oven to broil and toast english muffins for 1 minute.
- Assemble the breakfast sandwich. Cut the egg into 8 squares. Place egg, ham, cheese in the English muffin.
- Wrap in parchment or foil and place in a gallon-sized plastic bag or airtight container. Store in the fridge up to 4 days or the freezer up to 1 month. To reheat, remove from foil, wrap in a paper towel and microwave in 15-30 second increments until warmed through or leave in foil and heat in a 350 degree oven for 7-15 minutes.