20-Minute Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
This 20-minute chicken and asparagus stir-fry is quick, easy and kid approved. Prep ingredients ahead for a fast weeknight dinner that’s packed with protein, greens and yummy flavor. You can serve this on its own or over rice, quinoa or soba noodles.
1 closed fist = 1 green light, 2 yellow lights
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl whisk chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch until well combined and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high. Add asparagus and a pinch of salt and saute for 3 minutes, until bright green and just tender. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute more. Remove asparagus mixture from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add chicken and season with salt. Cook stirring constantly, adding a tablespoon of water at a time if the pan is too dry. Cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add broth mixture and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus back to the pan. Stir well. Remove from heat add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.